In an interview with Arutz 7, a resident of Nachliel said that the synagogue demolished Tuesday by police, soldiers, and Civil Authority workers, had been built long before the building freeze in Judea and Samaria went into effect. The structure, which had been in use daily, sustained tens of thousands of shekels worth of damage. "This was a shameful destruction," he said. "All of the holy books are strewn about the floor, as are the mezuzot. We intend to begin rebuilding today," said Avi Cohen, a Nachliel resident. Cohen said that the building had been completed on 11 Cheshvan (October 29).
Cohen said that he begged with authorities to spare the building, but to no avail – and that after much pleading they let him remove the Torah scroll from the building. "It is unbelievable that they would destroy a synagogue without thinking twice, but they would not dare to touch a mosque," he said.