David Wilder was born in New Jersey in the USA in 1954, and graduated from Case Western Reserve University with a BA in History and teacher certification in 1976. He spent 1974-75 in Jerusalem at the Hebrew University and returned to Israel upon graduation.
For over eighteen years David Wilder has worked with the Jewish Community of Hebron. He is the English spokesman for the community, granting newspaper, television and radio interviews internationally. He initiated the Hebron internet project, including email lists of over 15,000 subscribers who receive regular news and commentaries from Hebron in English and Hebrew. David is responsible and continues to update the Hebron web sites, portraying various facets of Hebron, utilizing text, audio, video and pictures. He conducts tours of Hebron's Jewish Community and occasionally travels abroad, speaking at Hebron functions.
David Wilder is married to Ora, a 'Sabra,' for 35 years. They lived in Kiryat Arba for 17 years and have resided at Beit Hadassah in Hebron for the past 15 years. They have seven children and many grandchildren.
Hebron mourns the death of Rav Mordechai Eliyahu Zt"l
The Jewish Community of Hebron June 07, 2010
Photos: David Wilder
The Jewish Community of Hebron deeply mourns the death of our beloved teacher and Rabbi, Rabbi Mordechai Eliyahu, zt"l, who passed away this afternoon.
Rabbi Eliyahu zt"l was a true leader of the Jewish people in Eretz Yisrael and a staunch friend of Hebron's Jewish community. The Rabbi was always available to help and show support in every way possible. His death is a tremendous loss to the Jewish people and will be especially felt by Hebron's Jewish residents, over the decades.
May he continue his earthly work in the heavans above, standing before the Divine Throne, pleading with HaShem to bring an end to all our troubles, to send Mashiach, to lead all Jews to the holy Land of Israel, and to usher into our world a true era of peace, health and happiness for all human beings, the world over.
The latest act of war against Israel has resulted, among other things, in the demand for another international committee of inquiry to investigate the events that occurred on the Marmara.
Israel has recent, first-hand evidence with such investigative panels. Only a few months ago Flavius Goldstone, together with his underlings, determined that Israel committed war crimes against Gazan Arabs following over 8,000 missile attacks against Israeli civilians in Sderot, Ashkelon and Ashdod.
So, we know all about international inquests. But in this case, I think Israel should agree. On one condition: that a few other global investigations are convened prior to that dealing with the Marmara case.
For example, Israel demands international committees of inquiry to investigate:
1. The expulsion of Jews from France in 1182, 1306, and 1394.
2. The Edict of Expulsion, by which Edward I expelled Jews from England in 1290.
3. The expulsion of Jews from Germany in 1394
4. The 1492 expulsion of Jews from Spain by Ferdinand and Isabella.
5. The 1862 expulsion of Jews from parts of the United States by General Ulysses S. Grant, who wrote, " I instructed the commanding officer at Columbus to refuse all permits to Jews to come South, and I have frequently had them expelled from the department…The Jews, as a class, violating every regulation of trade established by the Treasury Department, are hereby expelled from the Department... This order banished all Jews from Tennessee's western military.
6. One million Jews expelled from Arab lands.
7. The Spanish Inquisition, during which Jews were forced to convert or were tortured and killed. Some 50,000 trials were held and at least 5,000 people murdered.
8. Pograms in Russia and Eastern Europe, in Kishnev, 1903 (50 dead), in Odessa, 1905, (2,500 murdered), post-1917 Russia, when it is thought that up to 250,000 Jewish civilians were slaughtered.
9. The Holocaust, when between six to seven million Jews were exterminated with world leaders looking in the opposite direction.
10. Continued threats and attempts to delete Israel from the map, beginning in 1948, through Nassar in 1967 and Mubarak in 1973, and continued terror attacks and rocket attacks, culminating with the Iranian threat to use nuclear weapons to exterminate the Jewish state.
Israel demands that all of the above incidents be investigated, to determine:
1. Who was responsible for the decisions made to persecute the Jews?
2. Why didn't other people in those countries intervene to prevent the persecutions?
3. Why did neighboring world leaders turn a blind eye to the continued persecution, expulsion, forced conversions, torture and murder of neighboring Jews?
4. Have the Jews received proper compensation for the atrocities committed against them?
5. Has Jewish property and money, confiscated by local leadership, been returned to its rightful owners.
6. What measures have been take to ensure that such carnage will never again occur against the Jewish people?
7. Why didn't world leaders, particularly those in the United States and England, do something to stop the mass murder of Jews during World War Two?
8. Why didn't the United States and Europe utilize mass sanctions and other means against Soviet Russia to stop persecution against the Jews during the twentieth century.
9. Why did the United States demand that Israel allow Egypt and Syria to attack in 1973, without allowing Israel to preempt.
10. Why did the United States refuse to allow Israel to retaliate against Sadam Hussein during the first Gulf War, when Sadam was shelling Israel?
11. Why have US presidents actively intervened in Israeli politics, attempting to sway Israeli elections, (as did George Bush in the 1992 election between Shamir and Rabin, Bill Clinton during the 1996 elections between Peres and Netanyahu, and as is Obama, trying to cause a coalition crisis resulting in Tzippi Livni's replacing Netanyahu as Prime Minister or forcing him to give her a senior postion)?
12. Why hasn't massive international pressure been exerted to force release of captured Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit?
After all of these above matters have been dealt with to the satisfaction of the State of Israel, the Jewish people, and fair, righteous people around the world, and
After the guilty have been punished, and
After due compensation has been distributed to those affected and
After the all those who have wronged Jews for the past 1,000 years have expressed regret and remorse, and
After they have promised to insure that such events will never again occur, and
After a period of time, determined to test the veracity of the above guarantees, and
After it is proven that these pledges have been faithfully kept. and
After an international convention is commissioned to investigate how the Turkish government allowed terrorists to sail from their territorial waters in an attempt to commit acts of war against the neighboring country, Israel. (It should be remembered that in 1999, following a horrific earthquake in Turkey, Israel airlifted over 250 people, rescue equipment, and rescue dogs, as well as a field hospital, an operating room, x-ray equipment and two other clinics, providing immediate aid to the Turkish people,)
I will demand that Israel agree to another commission to investigate why the Jewish state allowed its soldiers to slide down ropes into the open arms of their enemies, waiting to kill them, instead of torpedoing the bastards immediately, as they should have.
Christian Aid has apologised “unreservedly” after it claimed Israeli settlers had sexually abused Palestinian children in Hebron.
The false allegations came after Miranda Pinch, a social worker from Winchester, had travelled to the West Bank town in January to “monitor human rights abuses” as part of an accompaniment programme part-funded by the charity.
The 59-year-old, who converted from Judaism to Christianity, returned from the trip and told Christian Aid that a Palestinian headmistress had made allegations of verbal abuse.
But promoting Ms Pinch’s trip, Christian Aid said the headmistress had alleged that “some of the children had been sexually abused on their way home” by Israeli settlers.
Asked how the charity had come to make the claim, Ms Pinch said the organisation had “lost their notes” after she reported back to them following her trip.
She said she had clearly explained that there was no evidence of physical sexual abuse.
Ms Pinch, who said she is proud of her Jewish heritage, explained: “Twice a day our role was to be there for the children. One of us stood by the checkpoint and the other by the school. The headmistress told me that on one occasion, when we were not there, a group of girls were verbally sexually harassed by soldiers and settlers.
“I was not saying there were actual sexual attacks. I have got to be straight on this. I am not aware of any sexual abuse.”
Professor Gerald Steinberg, president of NGO Monitor, attacked Christian Aid, saying the claims were part of a “wave” used to demonise Israel.
He said: “This is not an isolated incident but part of a series of events. Christian Aid has allowed itself to be used as a channel for some very crude anti-Israel propaganda.
“When it happens more than once then there is something more fundamental that Christian Aid needs to sort out. Almost any claim is now believed or promoted by NGOs without anybody checking the details.
“It’s in the culture at Christian Aid and they need an intense house-cleaning to end it. It’s an escalating and worrying situation.”
In a statement to the JC, Christian Aid admitted it should have described the alleged incidents as having involved “verbal sexual harassment”.
“We unreservedly apologise for misreporting an interview with Miranda Pinch, an English social worker who travelled to the West Bank with ecumenical accompaniers whom we support.
“Verbal sexual harassment is clearly different from sexual abuse and we apologise for the inaccurate representation of what Ms Pinch said.”
He seems to have developed a unique approach to fighting Islam. That is, if you can’t beat them, join them. A few days ago I discovered the American way. True, I grew up in the states, (a long time ago), and knew and heard about the great American dream. But the authentic ‘American Way’ crossed my path only earlier this week. A friend of mine gave me a short article published in a New York newspaper, headlined, “Mosque Going Up in NYC Building Damaged on 9/11.” It didn’t take too long to discover that this building adjacent to the Twin Towers, was making news, big time. The thirteen story mosque, a $100 million dollar project, is being called the Cordoba initiative.
Before continuing, it should be made very clear the exact significance of this name. Do you remember Cordoba? Here in Hebron we also have a Cordoba, - the Cordoba Girls School, across from Beit Hadassah (teaching sweet little innocents how to win a place in the next world by killing Jews). What is the connection between the Cordoba initiative in New York and the Cordoba girl’s school in Hebron, you ask!? Very simple.
Cordoba was, for about 500 years, the capital of Islamic Spain. According to Wikipedia, “in the Middle Ages it was a capital of an Islamic caliphate and one of the largest cities in the world.”
What is the best way to keep such memories alive? Of course, to name important places after them. Why keep the memory alive. Because Islam believes that this city, Cordoba, still belongs to them.
Following the attack on Spanish trains in 1994 in Madrid, an Al-Qaeda associate, Brigade of Abu Hafs al-Masri, who took ‘credit’ for the bombings, wrote, “"This is part of settling old accounts with Spain, the crusader...” . In other words, there are still Islamic groups who blame Spain for the fall of Cordoba and the Caliphate hundreds of years ago.
As a result, mosques and schools are named, not only in memory of Cordoba, but as a means to maintain that memory in expectation of future conquest. And now New York will have the great honor, adjacent to the site of the most horrific crime in the United States, to conserve the name of those who perpetrated it.
This has, of course, stirred great debate in the land of the free. But now, let’s jump one step further, to mosque number two.
That’s right. A second mosque is being planned in the same vicinity.
“FOX News has learned that an effort to place a second mosque close to the hallowed site in New York City is in its advanced stages. The Masjid Mosque has raised $8.5 million and is seeking an additional $2.5 million to begin construction. While it apparently has not settled on a final location, it has told donors it plans to build very close to where 3,000 people were killed in the September 11 terror attacks. In fact, the website appealing for donations boldly states that it plans to “build the 'House of Allah' next to the World Trade Center. Help us raise the flag of 'LA ILLAH ILLA ALLAH' in downtown Manhattan." .
All in the name of freedom. Freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and freedom to kill anyone and everyone who doesn’t think like you.
But New Yorkers shouldn’t feel bad. Jerusalem too, the holiest city in the world, is also being maligned. Not only by extremist Islam, but from the highest echelons of America the Beautiful.
Following 9/11, President George W Bush initiated the Homeland Security act and added Homeland Security to his cabinet. This organization’s job is to protect the United States from terror such as struck nine years ago, and has almost struck again, numerous times.
Of course, there are many ways to an end, to prevent such atrocities. Bush had his ways. America, 2010 has changed.
Today’s Deputy National Security Advisor for Homeland Security is a wonderful fellow named John O. Brennan. Johnny grew up in my old haunting grounds, in New Jersey. He seems overly suitable for his position, having dealt with counterterrorism for many years. However, be it his own initiative, or that of his boss, Brennan seems to have developed a unique approach to fighting Islam. That is, if you can’t beat them, join them.
In a youtube video , Johnny-Boy says, and I quote, (at 1:00) “and in all my travels, the city I have come to love most is al-kuds, Jerusalem.”
Yes I have to admit, he does mention Jerusalem, after al-kuds. What is al-kuds? That’s what Arabs call Jerusalem - ‘the holy.’ In the words and thoughts of a senior presidential advisor, one of the top anti-terror officials in ‘Oh Say can you See,’ Jerusalem is, first and foremost, al-kuds.
Our Arab, Islamic neighbors have names for all Jewish places. It makes no difference that Jerusalem was Jerusalem thousands of years prior to the advent of Islam. It is, according to JohnO al-kuds. A modern example: Tel Aviv, a hundred and fifty years ago still sand dunes, is called, on a map of palestine, Tell ar rabbee. And again, back in time, Hebron, al khalil. Just as Eretz Yisrael - Israel, is palestine.
I guess I shouldn’t feel bad. After all, Washington DC Imam Abdul Alim Musa wants to establish an "Islamic State of North America no later than 2050" http://goo.gl/lQTc.
With good guys like Brennan, and precedents such as NY city mosques next to the late twin towers, and presidents like Hussein Abu Bama, who knows?
I know. Abu Bama will be the caliph, and Washington DC the capital. But the city's name will be changed. It will no longer be called Washington DC, rather Al-KooKoo.