More than one hundred people demonstrated on Thursday evening at the Ariel junction in Samaria, in protest over the danger presented by Palestinian Arab workers who use the subsidized public transportation buses for Jews living in Judea and Samaria.
The residents are warning that these Arabs are a security threat since they are being allowed to enter Israel without proper security screening, thus paving the way for potential terrorist acts.
The Samaria Residents Council called on the government and the defense minister to resume the shuttle service that was previously allocated for Palestinian Arab workers but was since cancelled.
The Council warned that hundreds of Palestinian Arabs from Judea and Samaria enter Israel on a daily basis after a security screening but return by bus to the Judea and Samaria area without undergoing any security checks at all.
Revital, a resident of Ariel, told Arutz Sheva, "Are they waiting for an attack to take place and then everyone will wake up? I do not understand. This has become a catastrophe.”
Benny Katzover, chairman of the Samaria Residents Council, said that most of the Palestinian Arab passengers who travel on these buses are supporters of Hamas.