Uri Yitzhak Iluz (L), Lia Bin-Nun (C), and Ohad Dahan (R)
Uri Yitzhak Iluz (L), Lia Bin-Nun (C), and Ohad Dahan (R)IDF spokesperson

Egyptian border attack: IDF soldiers Lia Bin-Nun, 19, from Rishon Lezion, and Ori Yitzhak Illouz, 30, from Tzfat, were killed by an Egyptian police officer near Har Harif on the Egyptian-Israeli border.

Later, Ohad Dahan, 20, from Ofakim, was killed while searching for the terrorist who killed Lia and Ori.

The three will be laid to rest on Sunday. The funeral for Sgt. Lia Bin-Nun will take place at 4:30 PM at the Rishon Lezion military cemetery.

Ssg. Ori Yitzhak Illouz will be laid to rest at 5:00 PM at the Tzfat military cemetery.

The Funeral for Ssg. Ohad Shimon Dahan will take place at 5:00 PM at the military cemetery in Ofakim.

Initially, two IDF soldiers were killed by an Egyptian police officer hours after IDF forces foiled an attempt to smuggle 1.5 million NIS worth of drugs near Mount Harif on the Egyptian border.

In a different incident later that night, a third IDF soldier, Ohad Dahan, was killed. In that incident, the terrorist was also killed.

Lia Bin-Nun and Ori Yitzhak Illouz from the Bardelas Battalion were killed on the border with Egypt in the same area where just hours prior, a drug-smuggling attempt had been foiled. A few hours later, the terrorist, an Egyptian police officer, was identified in Israeli territory and eliminated by IDF soldiers.

In that incident, a soldier from the Caracal Battalion, First Sergeant Ohad Dahan, a 20-year-old resident of Ofakim, was killed. Dahan fired during a shootout which ended with the elimination of the terrorist. Sources said that the terrorist was spotted by a drone 1.5 kilometers into Israeli territory. The IDF is investigating whether the weather harmed the deterrence on the border. The terrorist was found to be carrying weapons and a Quran.

The IDF investigation showed that the terrorist crossed into Israel through a crossing in the border which is maintained in coordination between the IDF and the Egyptian army. The crossing is used as a logistics gate. The two fighters did not manage to see him before he opened fire and killed them. Communications between the two fighters and the guardpost were lost at 4:15 AM, and at 9:00 AM, they were found lifeless, with gunshot wounds on their bodies.

"Three IDF soldiers were killed today," an IDF statement read. "Two soldiers were killed by live fire adjacent to the Egyptian border, and the third during an exchange of fire with an assailant in the area of the Paran Regional Brigade. An IDF NCO was also lightly injured."

"The assailant is an Egyptian policeman. An investigation is being conducted in full cooperation with the Egyptian army. IDF soldiers continue searching the area to rule out the presence of any additional assailants."

An earlier IDF statement had read, "Earlier this morning, in a security incident in the area of the Paran Regional Brigade, 2 IDF soldiers were killed by live fire adjacent to the Egyptian border. The incident is under review, and the IDF is conducting searches in the area. The IDF expresses its heartfelt condolences to the families and will continue to support them."