Mayor Lion at the scene of the attack
Mayor Lion at the scene of the attackPhoto: PR

The Mayor of Jerusalem, Moshe Lion, on Saturday night convened a situation assessment in the city hall building with the participation of the city director, senior city officials and professional officials.

During the assessment, the welfare services and the psychological service provided an update on the assistance they had provided and will provide to the families of the dead and injured in Friday night’s terrorist attack in the Neve Yaakov neighborhood of the city. In addition, the youth promotion division will significantly increase the activity in the neighborhood in cooperation with the community administration.

Following the directive of the mayor, the municipal police will increase their presence in the seamline neighborhoods, effective immediately.

"After a difficult Shabbat, I toured the neighborhood and met the residents of the neighborhood. They experienced a difficult, complex and sad Shabbat. We must not put up with the 'lone terrorist'. We must clean up the illegal weapons, fight incitement on social media and incitement in educational institutions and the Palestinian curriculum. All these incidents are solely a result of incitement," said Lion.

All seven victims of the deadly terrorist attack in Neve Yaakov were named as of late on Saturday night.

Asher Natan, aged 14, was the youngest of the victims. At the time of this writing his funeral is underway.

Shaul Chai, aged 68, was the gabbai (sexton) of the Zechor L'Avraham synagogue in Pisgat Ze’ev. He was gunned down outside the Ateret Avraham synagogue in nearby Neve Yaakov, a neighborhood in northern Jerusalem. He had spent the Shabbat meal at a relative's home and had been walking back to Pisgat Ze’ev when he was murdered.

Irina Korolova was a Ukrainian citizen who immigrated to Israel six years ago and worked in the neighborhood.

Raphael Ben Eliyahu, another victim, was 56 years of age. His son, Matan, was seriously injured in the attack but has since regained consciousness, although he remains hospitalized in serious condition.

Eli and Natali Mizrahi, aged 48 and 45, were also murdered in the attack, when they left their home to try and help the victims. Natali was shot at close range as she performed CPR on one of the victims.

The seventh victim was 26-year-old Ilya Sosnaski.