Terror attack in Jerusalem
Terror attack in JerusalemOlivier Fitoussi/Flash90

A day following the horrific terror attack in the Neve Yaakov neighborhood in Jerusalem, during which a terrorist opened fire and murdered seven civilians at the Ateret Avraham Synagogue, the extent of the horror is becoming clear.

In a conversation with Suleiman Masveda of Kan News, Shimon Israeli, the neighbor of Natali and Eli Mizrahi H"YD who were murdered in the attack, described the last moments of their lives and how he, himself, was an eyeblink away from certain death.

"They were like family to me. Eli was always there to help when you needed something," he says. "I saw him running outside after the shooting, and pleaded with him not to go. I told him, 'They are shooting - don't run.' He ran [to help] and was mowed down."

He later described how Eli's wife, Natali, was murdered. "I saw Natali doing CPR on someone, but the terrorist came up and shot her. Someone else got out of a car to help and I saw the terrorist shoot him dead right in front of my eyes."

Shimon recounted his own experience. "Then he caught sight of me and pointed his weapon. I stood there and saw death flash before my eyes, but managed to run home, where he shot through my window. God saved me for the sake of my children and grandchildren."

"I have lived in harmony with Arabs for 30 years, but now I am afraid to go out to work. I no longer know who will come after me. This Arab is from eastern Jerusalem. Not that I am generalizing, but I don't know what they're being taught."

This evening it was reported that Asher Natan, a 14-year-old boy, was one of the seven victims of the attack.

Apart from Natan, the victims include: Eli (48) and Natali (45) Mizrahi, and Raphael Ben Eliyahu (56).

Ben Eliyahu's son eulogized him this afternoon: "My dear father, I'm simply unable to process how they took you from me like this. I love you and miss you so much."

Rafael's 14-year-old son was severely injured in the attack, since which his condition has improved and he has regained consciousness. He is hospitalized in Hadassah Hospital in the capital.