Elon Musk on Friday filed a countersuit against Twitter, intensifying the conflict between the Tesla CEO and the social networking company he agreed to buy, but the lawsuit is not yet available to the public, CNBC reported.
Musk announced earlier this month that he was backing out of a deal to buy Twitter for $44 billion, agreed upon in April, accusing the social media giant of failing to make good on a promise to give him access to information about spam accounts.
According to the New York Post, Musk’s legal team said in an FEC filing that Twitter had refused to reply to multiple requests from Musk for information on spam accounts. The number of accounts is crucial to the company’s net value.
The filing alleged that “Twitter is in material breach of multiple provisions of the buyout deal.”
Twitter fired back at Musk and said his bid to terminate the acquisition of the social media company is “invalid and wrongful.”
A day later, the social media company sued Musk in the Delaware Court of Chancery to force him to go through with the deal.
Musk’s legal team filed a confidential countersuit in a Delaware court on Friday, which means a copy was not available to the public immediately, but a version of it could be made public in the near future with sensitive details redacted, noted CNBC.
The judge ruling on the case, Chancellor Kathaleen St. J. McCormick, on Thursday night issued an order that set a schedule including for a five-day trial to start on October 17.