First let’s understand what we ‘re talking about. We are talking about thugs who learned their tactics from the Brown Shirts of yesteryear -- the means to disrupt, intimidate, bully and terrorize.
Back then they spoke mostly German. Today they speak mostly Arabic even if it’s in English.
The target? The Jews. Anybody else? Nobody else.
Think Kristallnacht (the infamous Night of Breaking Glass) – except on a daily basis, not just one night – and focused on every business imaginable, and the campuses.
Nearly every college and university in the United States has them, and has them ready to “break glass” and riot against anything Jewish or Israeli.
Mostly a Muslim phenomenon, some Christians and even some Jews have signed on. You know who you are and shame on you.
The movement, it is said, began in 2005. Partly correct. More accurately, it begin in 1965 when Ted Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson pushed through an immigration act that for the first time limited these immigrants, people familiar with Judeo/Christian values (Europeans), in favor of those immigrants, people coming from lands where it’s sharia or die.
This is the result.
Instead of assimilated youngsters, we have a generation processed through ancient Jew-hatred, many of them professional agitators, bought and paid for by Saudi Arabia and similar countries that spend billions to buy influence within one university to the next, including the Ivy Leagues.
The bullying is organized and non-stop. Jewish students are suffering. A group of them, readers of my books and columns, asked for a meeting and we met. They were energized, they said, by a particular story of mine in “Escape From Mount Moriah.” They pointed to the four-page essay, “A Jewish Soldier.” (Chapter 17.)
Was it true? Did it really happen? Can one incident really turn everything around and transform weaklings into fighters and winners?
Of course it’s true. It’s a memoir. It happened in Montreal. But it can happen anywhere and end just as well.
So we talked and over a period of days agreed on a call to action based on “A Jewish Soldier.” (A close second was “The Purple Gang.” Chapter 10.)
We are calling it “The One Bully at a Time Principle.” As follows:
1. Jewish students at UCLA got it right. Finally! BDS threw a party, but Jewish students didn’t show up. The student government passed a resolution to boycott the Jewish State but was in turn boycotted. The snub left the boycotters jabbering and hi-fiving among themselves, leaving no doubt that their designs are totally one-sided and illegitimate,
3. Keep in mind that these BDS types are not “fellow students.” They are trained specialists. You will never win the argument through talk.
4. Win the argument through action. Do keep clear of them when you can. But when the opportunity arises, use their tactics – only double.
5. When one of theirs gets up to speak, disrupt, jeer, heckle, shout him down. Let them know how it feels.
6. Not Jewish, you say? Yes it is. Read your Bible. We were never meant to be pushovers. Israel did not win its many wars by rolling over. Moreover it’s a Krav Maga maneuver. Use your opponent’s strength against him and for your own benefit. Use whatever is at hand to defend yourself in a street fight. (Isn’t that what this is?) Anything goes for the sake of winning. There are no limits.
7. Learn self-defense. Judo, karate, most certainly Krav Maga, the Israeli/IDF method. Toughen up.
8. Don’t scatter your power. Focus on one institution, one individual at a time. Send the message. That’s how we did it that one day in Montreal.
9. Pick the toughest college, the place where BDS terrorism is most heated. Today this appears to be Vassar. Go there in numbers. Bully back!
Cause a ruckus they’ll never forget. (Stop being Nice Jewish Boys. This is not cute or funny anymore. It has become harmful.)
How to get this organized? Don’t ask me. You’re smart. You’ll figure it out.
10. Pick the toughest kid. That’s how we did it when our toughest kid (Doodie) picked their toughest kid, beat him up, and the rest went running for their lives. Our streets were never completely safe even after that, but MUCH safer than before. Our French Canadian tormentors now had to think twice before starting anything.
I understand. We’re asking Jewish kids to act differently. But this is war and we are all in it together whether we like it or not.
Turn to your Hebrew Scriptures, go to the Book of Exodus, read the last phrase from the chapter Beshalach, and be amazed. (I sure was.)
Read – “G-d maintains a war against Amalek from generation to generation.”
So on it goes. Be prepared for a lengthy battle. Each of us must do his part. But look Who is on our side.
New York-based bestselling American novelist Jack Engelhard writes a regular column for Arutz Sheva. He is the author of the international classic “Indecent Proposal” now followed by the prophetic thriller “The Bathsheba Deadline.” Engelhard is the recipient of the Ben Hecht Award for Literary Excellence. Website: www.jackengelhard.com