- 1 cup butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon + 1/4 cup Gefen Olive Oil, divided
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Gefen Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Reine Dijon Mustard
- juice from 1/2 “juice orange” (such as Valencia, about 6 to 8 teaspoons)
- 1 small bunch kale, stems removed, leaves roughly chopped
- 1/2 “juice orange,” peeled and sliced
- 1 Cara Cara orange, peeled and sliced into half-moons
Prepare the Butternut Squash
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
On a baking sheet, spread out butternut squash in a single layer. Drizzle with one teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and chili powder. Toss to coat.
Roast until tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Prepare the Dressing
While butternut squash roasts, whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, honey, mustard, and juice from half the orange in a serving bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Assemble the Salad
Add kale, sliced oranges, and roasted butternut squash to the bowl.
Toss gently to coat everything with dressing.