Three people were killed on Tuesday evening and several others were injured, including one seriously, in two blasts in southern and western Gaza.
The Hamas-run “interior ministry” in Gaza announced that the three men who were killed were police officers. It was also announced that the security forces are investigating the incident.
Earlier, the dead were reported to be Islamic Jihad operatives.
The first blast was heard around 11:00 p.m. and the second blast occurred shortly before midnight.
While some of the reports from Gaza claimed the blasts were the result of Israeli air strikes, the IDF said they "are not aware of an attack in Gaza."
Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh on Tuesday night commented on the two blasts in Gaza and said, "We are confident that we will take control of the situation and reach all those responsible to the explosions. Whatever is behind the explosions, the situation is under control and the government security agencies will say their word.”
Earlier on Tuesday, Gaza terrorists launched a rocket at Israel. The IDF responded by attacking a Hamas position in northern Gaza.
In the wake of the rocket attacks on southern Israel in recent days, Major General Kamil Abu-Rukun, the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT), on Monday sent a direct message to the people of Gaza.
"Hostile and warmongering elements, close and distant, are dragging you to violence and a loss of your stability and security," Abu-Rukun wrote.
"The Islamic Jihad on an Iranian mission repeatedly undermines stability and harms the security of the region. You will feel the consequences," he added.
"The shooting at Israel and toward Israeli civilians will be met with an appropriate response," Abu-Rukun warned the residents of Gaza. "Israel will protect its citizens, what your leaders and their allies do not do."