babyPhoto: IStock

A six-month-old baby was hospitalized Thursday in critical condition at Schneider Children's Hospital in Petah Tikva after choking in an apartment in Petah Tikva.

According to Channel 10, the baby had apparently swallowed part of a game.

Magen David Adom paramedics summoned to the apartment employed advanced resuscitation techniques and evacuated the baby to the hospital, where her pulse returned.

"When we arrived, we saw a toddler of about five months unconscious, without a pulse and not breathing in her bed," said Anat Gilgal, an MDA paramedic who arrived at the scene.

"We administered life-saving first aid and advanced resuscitation including medicine, respiration and massages, and evacuated her to the hospital while employing resuscitation operations. There, doctors continued medical treatment until her pulse returned," added the medic.