Stabbing near Mahane Yehuda
Stabbing near Mahane Yehuda Screenshot

The Jerusalem District Attorney filed an indictment in the Jerusalem Juvenile District Court Friday, against the 16-year-old terrorist who stabbed an Arab man outside Mahane Yehuda market last month, thinking he was Jewish.

The 16-year-old, from the Palestinian Arab village of Kfar Ekev, was charged with two counts of attempted murder and possession of a stabbing implement. 

According to the indictment, in November, the suspect stated to a relative that she wanted to murder Jews in revenge for her brother's death in 2013. 

The next day, she and her 14-year-old relative left their homes, carrying school bags to avoid suspicion from their families, and traveled by bus to central Jerusalem. After they prayed at Al-Aqsa Mosque on the Temple Mount, they bought two pairs of scissors with which to carry out the murderous attack.

The two took the light rail to the Jerusalem Municipality stop. From there they walked up to Yafo Street, with the aim of finding Jews to murder. 

At some point, at around 11 a.m., the two left their school bags at the Mahane Yehuda train station to lighten their load before carrying out the stabbings. A security guard told them to get their bags, and they did. 

At about 11:20 a.m. the two reached public health offices on Yafo Street. The 14-year-old terrorist doubled back and found a man in his seventies there; she stabbed him in the nape of the neck and back with scissors with the intent to kill. 

The victim - who later was revealed to be a Palestinian Arab from Bethlehem - fled the scene; the two continued walking. 

A., 64, came running toward the two after witnessing the stabbing. The 14-year-old turned toward him, raised the scissors and tried to stab him; the 16-year-old tried to stab other passers-by. 

A citizen who worked nearby rushed in the direction of the terrorist and hit her with a chair and she fell to the ground; a security officer shot the 14 year-old and the 16 year-old with a handgun on his person, and the 14-year-old died at the scene.

The prosecution seeks to extend the detention of the 16-year-old until sentencing. 

The 16-year-old has previously tried to sue the officer who shot her, claiming that she had no intent of carrying out an attack despite having been caught on camera taking part in the attack with her scissors.