Hamas terrorists parade rocket (file)
Hamas terrorists parade rocket (file) Flash 90

Shortly after Gaza terrorists breached the ceasefire Monday eight hours ahead of its midnight deadline, a Hamas spokesperson has obliquely hinted responsibility for the three rockets fired towards Be'er Sheva.

"If Israel wants calm, it must answer to the demands and rights of the Palestinians," said Hamas spokesperson Moshir al-Masri.

The statement suggests the rockets may have been a threat to press Israel to cave in to the Hamas demands, which include releasing terrorists as well as a Gaza sea and airport, among other points that may potentially be disastrous to Israel's security.

Indeed, Hamas has already declared that it is holding the truce talks with Israel being held "at gunpoint," and elaborated that any truce agreement would only be so as to plan the next terror war on Israeli citizens.

Al-Masri's comments came roughly the same time that Hamas spokesperson Sami Abu Zuhri denied that the rockets, of which two hit open ground near Be'er Sheva and the third struck near Netivot, were even fired at all.

"We don't have any information about firing rockets from Gaza. The Israeli raids are intended to abort the negotiations in Cairo," Abu Zuhri told AFP.

Exposing his statement as false, Israeli police have already released pictures of the hole in the ground caused by one of the recent rockets.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon ordered the Israeli delegation to return home from the Cairo truce talks shortly after the ceasefire breach.

Supporting this move, Interior Minister Gideon Sa'ar (Likud) said Tuesday "the negotiations with Hamas don't serve the security interests of Israel, and there is no point in continuing them."

Sa'ar's comments echo those of Eshkol Regional Council head Chaim Yelin, who stated of the rockets "who expected anything else? This is the language of Hamas. A language that for 14 years the state of Israel apparently hasn't understood."

Regarding Hamas's involvement in the rocket fire, an unnamed security source told Walla! that the rocket attack was in fact ordered directly by Hamas's Qatar-based head Khaled Meshaal.

The source claimed Meshaal had bypassed Hamas's official "military wing", the Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades, and ordered a specially-assigned unit of Hamas operatives answerable directly to him to launch the attack so as to disrupt the faltering truce talks.

Join our official WhatsApp group