AMIT leaders in Israel
AMIT leaders in Israel Israel news photo: Yoni Kempinski

The AMIT network of schools on Thursday concluded its annual leadership mission to Israel, which brings a delegation of top leaders, primarily from the United States, to see what is happening at AMIT schools throughout Israel.

There are over 40,000 families in the United States which support AMIT and, as AMIT President Debbie Isaac told Arutz Sheva, “We’re doing that because we believe that in order to have a strong State of Israel we need to have strong education in the State. That way you build strong citizens and the country will be competitive globally and will be a place for all of us to always have as our homeland.”

The AMIT network of schools operates mostly national-religious public schools. The network also has a few private schools and two secular schools.

“Our schools primarily serve the peripheral areas,” said Isaac. “That means that 70% of the students in our schools come from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds, although we do have somewhere around 30% of our schools that serve the higher socio-economic levels as well.”

She noted that the 30% from the higher socio-economic levels have a very high level of education, but the network also seeks the same for the remaining 70% “so that they go on to be very productive citizens despite not having the opportunities that other students have available to them.”

According to Isaac, the assistance AMIT gives to students is not just material but also consists of very strong values. Students learn why it is important to be Jewish and Israeli and also study about the heritage and background of Jews. In addition, they learn about the meaning of being a good citizen and why it is important to give back to society no matter where you come from.

Did you find a mistake in the article or inappropriate advertisement? Report to us