Terror victim still in serious condition

Victim of ramming attack is still in serious condition, unconscious and breathing with the aid of a respirator.

Arutz Sheva Staff ,

Scene of Gush Etzion terrorist attack
Scene of Gush Etzion terrorist attack
Gershon Elinson/Flash 90

Terror victim Ebenezer Holaring, 35, is still in serious condition, a spokesperson for Hadassah Ein Kerem Hospital said Saturday night.

Holaring was seriously injured in Friday’s terrorist attack, when a terrorist ran over him and a 70-year-old man at the Efrat south junction. The 70-year-old was lightly injured.

Currently, Holaring is in Hadassah's intensive care unit, unconscious and on a respirator.

Kiryat Arba Council Deputy Chairman Yisrael Bramson said, "We woke up this morning to another difficult day of terror. This time, the victims are residents of Kiryat Arba. One of them - Ebenezer Holaring - is part of our beloved Bnei Menashe (Indian Jewish) community. All of us immediately organized to help the family in every way possible, both by providing professional help and ensuring they have all their Shabbat (Sabbath) needs."

"We pray that Ebenezer's surgery was successful and that he will quickly recover. We will continue to help the family through the entire process. We call on all of Israel to pray for the recovery of Ebenezer, the son of Malka, who needs Heavenly mercy. He is in very serious condition."

Israeli security forces responded to the terror attack by carrying out a security operation in the terrorist's Hevron-area hometown of Halhul. They conducted a search for weapons, and hung signs warning against future terror attacks. In addition, the Civil Authority revoked the Israeli work permits of several of the terrorist's family members.

Arabs who wish to cross into pre-1967 Israel from Judea and Samaria but do not have Israeli citizenship must apply for permits. The reason is usually in order to work, but since criminals and terrorists seeking to carry out attacks can try to join them, there is a need for permits so that each can be vetted and a record kept. .

Palestinian Authority Arabs rioted during the operation, throwing rocks at Israeli security personnel. The IDF responded with riot dispersal techniques and firing shots into the air. No one was injured and no damage was caused.