'The terrorist fought to come in and slaughter us'

Witness reveals how stabber struggled at door to get in and murder even more Jews at prayer in Tel Aviv.

Chaim Lev ,

Site of Tel Aviv stabbing attack
Site of Tel Aviv stabbing attack
Yoni Kempinski

Shocking testimony has emerged from the lethal stabbing in southern Tel Aviv on Thursday, in which an Arab terrorist from the Hevron region murdered two Jews and moderately wounded a third during afternoon prayers.

One eyewitness spoke about how the terrorist tried to enter a local business in the region where afternoon mincha prayers are held daily, revealing how the worshipers fought back. The attack took place at a judaica store in the Panorama building on Ben Tzvi Street.

"It's a business where we gather each day for mincha prayers. We were about 15 people there. A minute after the amida prayer began a man covered in blood with stab wounds came in and collapsed on the floor," said the witness.

"We were shocked. I looked up and saw the terrorist with a large knife pacing towards the business, and we closed the door on him."

The witness recalled how the terrorist struggled to get in and slaughter the worshipers.

"He struggled with us for a long minute. We were ten people behind the door. We all stopped him but he was strong. He tried to push the door with all his strength and come in. Miraculously he didn't succeed."

Magen David Adom (MDA) paramedics Moshe Danenberg and Younis Niniv responded to the attack, and recounted what they found.

"The sight was difficult. At the entrance to one of the businesses in the building a 32-year-old man was lying (on the ground) unconscious, without a pulse and not breathing, after suffering from stab wounds to his upper body."

"Close to him lay a 30-year-old man with stab wounds to his upper body, and a floor below we located an additional casualty, a man of about 50, fully conscious. We quickly provided them with first aid at the scene and immediately evacuated them to Ichilov Hospital."