Walid Assaf, who heads the “committee to fight the fence and the settlement”, declared on Wednesday that the Palestinian Arabs will not allow the "occupation" to impose a collective punishment against them, referring to Israeli authorities' intention to demolish the Abu Hamid family home in al-Amari, near Ramallah.
In June, Israeli security forces located and arrested 32-year-old terrorist Islam Yousef Abu Hamid, a resident of al-Amari near Ramallah. Two weeks earlier, Abu Hamid dropped a block from a three-story building in al-Amari on the head of 20-year-old Ronen Lubarsky.
Lubarsky, a member of the elite Duvdevan special operations unit, had been deployed to al-Amari to secure the area while Israeli security forces carried out the arrest of a wanted terrorist. He was taken to hospital and later died of his injuries.
In August, a demolition order was issued for the entire four-story building where the terrorist had resided prior to the terror attack which killed Lubarsky. The terrorist’s family appealed to the Supreme Court against the demolition order, but the Court last week rejected the appeal.
At a press conference in Ramallah on Wednesday, Assaf said that the demolition of the house is contrary to international law, and that the Palestinian Arabs would continue their struggle against the "occupation" everywhere.
The national and Islamic forces, the framework of the Palestinian Arab organizations, are organizing an action to protect the house from demolition, he said.
"Our people will defend this house by all means and will stand by the Abu Hamid family and support it morally and materially out of appreciation for the sacrifice of its sons," Assaf said.