A senior US official on Friday morning told Arutz Sheva that US President Donald Trump has already decided to withdraw from the 2015 "Iran deal" and replace sanctions on Iran.
"Trump will not compromise on this issue," the official told Arutz Sheva. "He wants to show that he stands by his word. The Iran deal is just bad, in his opinion, and so far, he's rejected the European efforts to propose a compromise."
"The President will be determined, but he will leave an opening for a compromise which is acceptable to him. He will announce the return of sanctions, at least by the US, but he will probably also say he's willing to discuss a compromise which will properly restrain Iran's nuclear plans, and will deal with the other threats presented by the Iranian government."
This estimation concurs with those of Israeli leaders, who believe that Trump is not interested in continuing to support the Iran deal.
Last Saturday night, Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and Trump had a lengthy discussion on the topic.
On Monday, Netanyahu revealed previously unknown proofs that Iran is planning to build nuclear weapons and shamelessly lied to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) when signing the deal.