Child plays with screws
Child plays with screwsiStock

On Friday night, emergency responders received a message that a 1.5 year old Jerusalem infant had choked on a foreign object and lose consciousness.

The toddler was transferred from her home to Jerusalem's Shaarei Tzedek Hospital, but passed away.

The family, Belzer hasidim, said the toddler was playing with various objects when she put a screw in her mouth and swallowed it.

A United Hatzalah first responder said, "When I arrived at the scene, I saw an infant who was not breathing and who had no pulse after swallowing a screw. I began performing CPR, and continued until an ambulance arrived."

"During the resuscitation attempt, the screw fell out of her mouth and we transferred her to the hospital in critical condition."