Alla Zayud in court
Alla Zayud in courtBasel Awidat/Flash 90

Alla Raeed Ahmed Zayud, 20, the Arab terrorist and Israeli citizen from Umm El Fahm who on Sunday night wounded four Israelis in a terror attack, appeared in court on Monday with a smile on his face, and pretended as if his murderous attack never happened.

Zayud ran over two soldiers, and then got out of his car to stab two passersby. One of the soldiers is in serious condition, and the rest of the victims are defined as suffering light to moderate wounds. The attack took place at a bus station near Gan Shmuel on Highway 65 in northern Israel, between Hadera and Afula.

And yet the Arab terrorist showed no remorse for his actions in court, or even any willingness to recognize his deeds.

In a court hearing to extend his arrest at the Haifa Magistrate's Court, he said, "I didn't do anything. They want to turn me into a terrorist. I don't know what they want from me. I'm not a terrorist."

The terrorist's statements, which fly in the face of a mountain of evidence, evidently did little as his arrest was extended until Wednesday.

Zayud's lawyer, Wassam Araf, made the surprising claim that his client was involved in a "car accident," and was then attacked by Jews, in a total reversal of the facts of the case. Previous car attacks have also initially been claimed as "accidents."

The female soldier who Zayud critically wounded with his car was transferred from the Hillel Yaffe Hospital in Hadera to Sheba Hospital in Tel Hashomer on Sunday night. She continues to be in serious condition and was brought in to the surgery room.

"The soldier underwent several surgeries. Her life is in danger and we hope that our efforts will bear fruit," said Dr. Yoram Klein, director of the hospital's trauma ward.

"He stabbed me in the leg and arm"

Another victim of the terror attack was Adi Eshet, 45, who was in the vicinity when Zayud began stabbing passersby after leaving his car.

"I was stabbed in the leg and the arm," Eshet told Yedioth Aharonoth from his bed in Hillel Yaffe Hospital.

"Last night I went out from the commercial center in Gan Shmuel and at a stop light I saw a young woman screaming with all her strength. I stopped the car on the side of the road immediately and ran to see what happened, but the girl disappeared."

"At a certain point I returned towards the car and the terrorist came at me with a knife and shouted things I didn't really understand," recalled Eshet.

"I tried to kick him and he stabbed me in the leg. Afterwards he tried to stab me again and I tried to to stop him, and he stabbed me in the arm. After the stab I succeeded in grabbing him with a hand on his throat, I got him on the ground and pinned him so he wouldn't continue to stab me."

Eshet relates that shortly afterwards security forces showed up to arrest the terrorist, and "just after they arrested him did I understood that the attack started with a car attack. I didn't know what happened at the start and I didn't know that there were other wounded."

Speaking about the location of the attack in a commercial district, Eshet said, "no one thought it (Arab terror - ed.) would reach them. When it happens, it happens. Suddenly I found myself in the middle of it, and I had to do something. Now everything is okay and I want to go back to my routine."