Arab rioting (file)
Arab rioting (file)STR/Flash90

The Jerusalem police are gearing up for another potential day of clashes on Friday, ahead of the usual round of rioting on the Temple Mount.

Jerusalem District Police Commander Moshe Edri announced Thursday that to help prevent uprisings, access to the Mount would be restricted to Muslim men over 35 and all Muslim women.

Regardless, large police forces and several Border Police units have been deployed throughout the capital, mainly in eastern Jerusalem and the Old City, and have been stationed there since the early morning. 

During the night, dozens of Arabs gathered at the entrance to the capital in Sur Baher, and began to throw rocks and shoot fireworks canisters at police forces and Border Police officers.

Security forces used riot dispersal measures, but to no avail; they later apprehended one individual fleeing the scene - a masked man who appeared to have been leading the unruly crowd - as well as two others. 

The man, about 40, was revealed to be a Sur Baher resident and convicted terrorist who had been released as part of the 2011 Gilad Shalit deal, and is now under investigation for violating the terms of his release.

He will attend a remand hearing at the Jerusalem Magistrates Court and a separate hearing later Friday with the Israeli Prison Service. 

The arrest shows the continuing security fallout from the release of 1,027 terrorists in the 2011 Shalit deal. Hamas is currently demanding the release of 63 Shalit terrorists who were rearrested, along with hundreds of others.

Many of the Shalit terrorists have returned to violent terrorism, prime among them Ziyad Awad, who murdered police Chief Superintendent Col. Baruch Mizrahi hy''d in April while aided by his 18-year-old son Az a-Din.

In separate incidents, Arabs hurled rocks and fireworks at Border Police in the Muslim Quarter of the Old City Friday; two were arrested. One policeman was lightly wounded and was taken to Shaarei Tzedek hospital for medical treatment.