Porush said that his office has received a large number of complaints from Gush Katif refugees. Many of the complaints focused on the following issues:
· Families were divided and sent to different locations.
· Transportation from Gush Katif was reminiscent of prisoner transports, humiliating the refugees.
· No food was provided to families with babies.
· Families were left without housing at the start of Shabbat.
· Many children still have not school to attend as the new school year approaches.
Porush said that until the Knesset makes a decision to set up an investigative parliamentary committee, MK’s from all parties should “visit the sites where the refugees have been thrown with no possessions” in order to see first-hand how the government has been handling the problem.