Indian foreign worker dies in Haifa apartment

One foreign worker dead, another injured after inhaling toxic substances from barbecue lit inside apartment.

Arutz Sheva Staff,

Scene of the event
Scene of the event
MDA Spokesperson

Two males in their 30s, both Indian foreign workers were found unconscious Sunday morning in a Haifa apartment after apparently inhaling toxic substances.

MDA medics and paramedics declared one of them dead and evacuated the second in stable condition to the Rambam Hospital in Haifa.

It was reported that the two foreign workers from India lit a barbecue inside the apartment. As a result, they inhaled toxic substances.

Tal Shuster, a senior MDA medic said, “When we entered the apartment, we saw 2 males about 35 years lying unconscious in their bedrooms. We were told that a barbecue was lit in the apartment. We administered preliminary medical tests on the two males. One of them, in acute respiratory distress was evacuated to the hospital in stable condition. The second was found without a heartbeat nor breathing. We performed an advance and prolonged CPR with specialized drugs, but after a long time and to our dismay we were forced to declare his death.”

MDA reminds us again that carbon monoxide (CO) is fatal. The gas is released when a gas oven is used or when coals are used.

It is a colorless and odorless gas. Its results cannot be seen until sign of poisoning appears. Therefore it is imperative to take security precaution and to use proper ventilation for air circulation.




top