4 year old chokes on toy

Child in serious condition after getting toy duck stuck in his trachea.

Contact Editor
Arutz Sheva Staff,

MDA ambulance
MDA ambulance
MDA spokesperson

A four and a half year old boy chocked on a toy duck in his Petah Tikva home Tuesday evening.

Magen David Adom paramedics performed first aid on the site and transported the child to Schneider Children's Hospital in Petah Tikva. His condition was listed as serious but stable.

MDA Paramedic Hanan Epstein said, "We treated a child of about four and a half years old who showed signs of asphyxiation after inhaling a foreign body into his trachea."

"We checked to see if the foreign body could be extracted on-site, and we evacuated him quickly to the hospital to move him to the emergency room immediately," he said.