Jerusalem Councilman Aryeh King told Arutz Sheva on Monday that one should not be surprised by the tractor terrorist attack that took place in Jerusalem earlier in the day and which was carried out by a terrorist from eastern Jerusalem.
In fact, King said, the attack was part of an ongoing escalation in the security situation in the city and was a direct result of the authorities failing to deal with the ongoing rock attacks perpetrated by local Arabs.
"I do not think there is anyone who is surprised that yet another terrorist has come out of a neighborhood in eastern Jerusalem and it is time that the decision makers in the Israeli government take care of the terrorists who throw rocks and firebombs,” he said.
“Those who did not deal with the rock throwers are the ones who allowed this attack to happen,” declared King.
“In July alone there were more than 300 terror-related incidents in the Old City in Jerusalem, and that is not counting terror-related incidents in other areas of the city,” he said. “It is time that the Israeli government deal with these Arabs.”
King recalled an attack which occurred on Sunday and in which rocks were thrown at him by Arabs.
"Needless to say, the police did nothing. I hope that after this attack, the police will send forces into the Arab neighborhoods and open police stations there,” he told Arutz Sheva. “Today’s incident is a warning sign for the government and the Israel Police."
Arutz Sheva has reported on many occasions about rock attacks, which can be lethal, as was the case in an attack in September of 2011 which targeted Asher Palmer and his infant son Yonatan. The two were killed when an Arab terrorist hurled large rocks at their car.
In another incident, three-year-old Adelle Biton was critically wounded in a rock terror attack in Samaria last year.