Egypt's Interior Ministry said on Saturday it will take all action within the boundaries of the law to combat violence during protests against deposed president Mohammed Morsi's trial, scheduled to begin on November 4.
According to the website of the Egyptian Al-Ahram newspaper, the ministry said in a statement published on its official Facebook page that it will stand against any assaults, abiding by "legal procedures regulating the use of firearms."
The statement added that the ministry is "accurately monitoring" all the activities of the Muslim Brotherhood, from which Morsi hails, especially its call for mass protests on Monday when the former president is due in court.
The Brotherhood has plans that aim to "spread chaos, obstruct state facilities and citizens' interests and hold up traffic," the ministry statement continues.
It specifically warned against any attempts to attack public institutions or security forces.
The pro-Morsi National Alliance to Support Legitimacy had vowed to stage daily protests until Monday.
On Saturday, dozens rallied outside the High Court in downtown Cairo, and on Friday thousands staged demonstrations nationwide, reported Al-Ahram.
The alliance intends to have a presence in front of the court on Monday, and called on supporters to protest in front of Egyptian embassies and consulates worldwide.
Pro-Morsi groups have been staging demonstrations regularly since the army deposed the former president in July amid mass demonstrations against his rule.
Daily "anti-coup" demonstrations have recently been held on university campuses, some of which have escalated into violent conflict. On Wednesday, police stormed the Al-Azhar University campus in Cairo to disperse student protests after clashes erupted with staff members.
In August, police forcibly dispersed two pro-Morsi sit-ins in Cairo leaving hundreds dead. Since then, many of the group's members and dozens of its leading figures have been arrested, with some put on trial on charges of inciting violence.