I am now going to share my new absolute all-time favorite coleslaw recipe. I will never buy coleslaw again (unless of course I don’t have time to make this!). To make recipe pareve omit the cream cheese and double the mayo. It's that easy! You can use soy sour cream or soy cream cheese in place of the cream cheese.
- Prep Time : 10 min
- Ready Time : 10 min
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 orange or green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup regular or light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup whipped Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine cabbages, carrots and peppers in a large bowl.
Whisk together lemon juice, mayonnaise, cream cheese, sugar, salt and pepper until creamy.
Pour desired amount of dressing over coleslaw mix and toss until well coated.
Store any remaining dressing in a sealable container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Use salad within 3 days.
For more from Jamie Geller go to JoyofKosher.com
Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller is the No. 1kosher food and recipe website, featuring more than 6,000 recipes from Geller, kosher chefs, food bloggers and community members.