Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'. WebpartsBlocks/HeadlinesBox/SomeWebparts
Daily Israel Report

Connecticut Victims Shot More Than Once

The children who were massacred at the Sandy Hook Elementary School had been shot more than once, says chief medical examiner.
By Elad Benari
First Publish: 12/16/2012, 4:04 AM

Chief Connecticut medical examiner Wayne Carver
Chief Connecticut medical examiner Wayne Carver
Reuters

The children who were massacred on Friday at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut had been shot more than once, the chief medical examiner of Connecticut said on Saturday.

"This was a very devastating set of injuries," Dr. Wayne Carver said. "Everybody was hit more than once."

He said that the bodies he treated were hit between three and seven times, with two of the victims being shot at close range.

Carver, who examined the bodies of seven of the victims, noted, "I've been at this for a third of a century. My sensibilities may not be the average man, but this probably is the worst I have seen or the worst that I know of any of my colleagues having seen.”

A total of 27 people were killed in the massacre when Adam Lanza, 20, stormed the building and opened fire. 20 of them were children.

Police investigating the massacre said Saturday they're finding some "very good evidence" at the school and at Lanza’s home. Lanza's mother was killed at that house before the school rampage began, authorities said.

"The detectives will certainly analyze everything and put a complete picture together of the evidence that they did obtain, and we're hopeful -- we're hopeful -- that it will paint a complete picture as to how and why this entire unfortunate incidence occurred," said Lt. J. Paul Vance, a spokesman for the Connecticut State Police, according to CNN.

Among the 20 children murdered in the Connecticut school massacre was Noah Posner, a six-year-old Jewish boy. His twin sister was also a pupil in the school, but escaped with her life.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu released a special video message to the American people following the massacre.

“The people of Israel grieve with you. When we see these horrible sights of slain children, young boys and girls whose life is nipped in the bud in such cruel acts of savagery, I can tell you from my own experience that we understand the pain and agony. We feel we’re one family with you, and I can only pray that G-d will give you the strength, as he’s given us, to overcome the tragedy and go on living,” said Netanyahu.

“May the memories of these slain innocents be enshrined for all times.”