According to military sources, following the humanitarian ceasefire that went into effect at 10:00 a.m. this morning (Sunday) and is scheduled to last until 5:00 p.m. this evening, within 48 hours we should know where we stand and how we will proceed.
"By then we should know where Hamas stands," he said. "At this time two things are simultaneously taking place. First, discussions between the various factions are taking place in Cairo, with Egypt and Israel remaining in the background. At the same time we will be completing our goal of neutralizing the tunnels.
The picture was clarified even more when the officer said that already from the beginning of the year NIS300 million had been budgeted to take care of the tunnel threat, which the military had been aware of for some time. "Endless discussions between the Southern Command and the General Staff have taken place on how best to utilize the intelligence we had received on the scope of the tunnel threat, and the right time to act," he explained.