A representative of the Justice Ministry said, Monday morning, that the ministry was not able to inform all the relatives of terror-murder victims about the security prisoners scheduled for release, Tuesday evening, under terms for renewal of peace talks between Israel and the Palestinian Authority. Addressing a Knesset Interior Committee hearing on preparations for the release, attorney Yif'at Raveh said the attempts were made through specialist officers and terror-victim organizations within two hours of the names of the prisoners being publicized. She cited changes in telephone numbers and other technical problems.
Bereaved father Yoseph Tzur said only seven of 16 families were notified. Tzvika Pozis-Shahak, who chairs an organization of terror victims, complained about the release of the names in the middle night, noting things were done differently from last time. Committee Chairwoman Miri Regev said a tentative release list was known last week and better efforts could have been made.