He Ru Follow us: Make a7 your Homepage
      Free Daily Israel Report
      Archive: 6/23/2013
      20:47
      Reported

      News Brief

        6/23/2013, Tammuz 15, 5773

      There is a National Mission to Return to Gush Katif


      Despite the fact that 88 percent of the families displaced by the government from Gaza and northern Samaria in 2005 have or are building permanent homes, the outgoing head of the Tenufa Administration set up to help them said, Sunday, that it is painful that the remaining 12 percent, 200 families, have not been able to start building. Interviewed by Arutz Sheva's Hebrew service, Rabbi Ophir Cohen - himself evicted from Gush Katif - said every proposal to help the families was being checked and that in the next three years of taking care of the evictees will lead to them settling in their new communities.

      Tenufa's function is being absorbed by the Housing Ministry. Rabbi Cohen said, "I believe we will return to Gush Katif. The people who were deported chose to continue the path of pioneers to settle the Negev and the North." Reflecting on the 22 communities established by Tenufa, he said "We should do it without Disengagement. I think that the settlers and the state see the importance of the task and repair via rebuilding the communities. There is a national mission - to return to Gush Katif."