Iran said Sunday that the U.S. and Israel were responsible for the drive-by shooting of an Iranian student in Tehran Saturday night. Calling the shooting a “terror attack,” Iranian spokesperson Ali Larijani said that the shooting was “an increase in the hostility of the United States to Iran.”
Iran on Saturday night denied that the man who was shot was a nuclear scientist, as had been reported. According to a statement, a reader on Iran's state-controlled English-language Press TV mispronounced the name of the victim. The name that was announced is indeed a nuclear scientist, but the victim had a different, but similar name.