As a long-time political observer and pundit based here in the Heartland of the Jewish Nation, there are a few unpleasant things I've learned about Israeli Government/politics:
- Knesset Members have very little actual power.
- Government Coalition members have even less power.
- Coalition and Party Discipline can be very effective muzzles.
- Actual Government policy is made by the Prime Minister and his/her "Kitchen Cabinet."
- The Israeli Supreme Court considers itself well above the Government and makes decisions that effectively cancel legal laws.
Netanyahu’s associates said Glick was among multiple candidates being considered for the 11th and 23rd slots on the Likud list that Netanyahu has at his disposal. (Jerusalem Post)
Many, many Israelis and pro-Israelis are overjoyed at the thought of Caroline Glick being in the Knesset. They envision her hard-hitting opinions being broadcast far and wide from the Knesset. They envision the initiator of Latma to be in a policy making position. They dream that Glick's policies will be the Israeli ones, rather than the weak Centrist-Left that have been endangering us.
But that's not how it works.
Israelis will vote for Caroline Glick, but we'll still get the same Center-Left Bibi we've had now for years. Bibi runs a tight ship. He's not going to give her any freedom of expression. Caroline Glick won't be in a policy-making position. She'll just be Right window dressing.
It's because I agree with and respect Caroline Glick that I want her to stay on the outside where she won't be muzzled and disciplined. We need an "untied" Caroline Glick!!