William A. Levinson
Most readers of Arutz Sheva, including the author, do not believe Jesus was the Messiah (Christ), or the son of God. Neither, for that matter, do the billion Hindus whom the Islamists have targeted for extermination or slavery. The same goes for the hundreds of millions of Muslims whom the Islamists deem to be the wrong kinds of Muslims and therefore infidels. Many Christian Europeans or Americans are, however, still confused--as shown by the Presbyterian Church USA's support for boycott, divestment, and sanctions--as to the difference between Israeli Jews and Islamists. If the false accusation of "Christ Killer" could provoke anti-Semitic pogroms and even genocide, it would be strange if the fact that Islamists are killing, raping, enslaving, and even crucifying Jesus' followers could not evoke widespread revulsion for their ideology in the Christian-majority world.
Islamists (not Muslims as a whole), have in fact published propaganda that depicts Jews as the murderers of Jesus. The Propaganda Man, i.e. the person to whom this is directed, is obviously the Christian American or European. This is, as shown by Islamist behavior toward Christians, a very bad place for them to go. Sir Arthur Harris, one of the architects of the firebombing of Dresden, said,
The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.
The Islamists have similarly declared war on the civilized world, which they call the House of War, with the similarly childish delusion that they are going to circulate pictures like those shown above, along with blood libels of Jews, and nobody is going to circulate similar pictures about them. hey also have sown the wind, and they will now reap the whirlwind. As stated by Lord Clifford in Henry VI,
I will not bandy with thee word for word/ But buckle with thee blows, twice two for one.
General Patton added, "It is difficult to make our fine American youth understand that the enemy wants to kill him. …I use the language of soldiers who are ready to kill." It is standard practice to whip up visceral hatred of an enemy before and during wartime. The Islamists are directing this at Israel, and Israel and its supporters must direct similar material at the Islamists.
- In 1898, cartoonist Grant Hamilton published two pictures of an apelike "Spanish Brute" with a bloody knife; the first in front of a mountain of skulls, and the next in front of murdered and mutilated American soldiers.
- Triple Entente propagandists transformed the Spanish Brute into a German Brute, complete with a bloody club labeled Kultur (German culture) and a half-naked woman over its shoulder. Adolf Hitler was, unfortunately, the German who learned the most from his country's failure to retaliate in kind before the propaganda brought the United States into the war.
- The Nazis, of course, persuaded the most advanced nation in Europe to hate Jews and other so-called undesirables. It would be very strange indeed if we could not evoke similar hatred in Europe against an ideology that says openly that it is going to take over Europe, enslave all Christians, and rape any woman who does not cover her head with a sack. Again, the problem is Islamists, as opposed to Muslims who are willing to assimilate with the surrounding societies.
- The U.S. War Department then depicted Japanese and Germans ("Japs" and "Huns" respectively) as subhuman monsters.
(1) They tell lies that are easily exposed as such. They even recycled the murdered Fogel family as IDF victims, but they forgot to photoshop the mezuzah off the door. There is another video in which some victims of an Israeli attack who are lying under white burial shrouds decide to make themselves more comfortable without realizing that they are being filmed, and the enemy posted the video without checking it. The instant you lie to the Propaganda man, i.e. the person you are trying to persuade, you lose his or her trust, and are unlikely to regain it.
(2) The most vicious war propaganda shows the enemy abusing prisoners, raping women, and killing children. Even the most brutal Allied war propaganda never went so far as to show a Japanese ever actually raping a woman (implied threats were shown) or using one for bayonet practice. The nice thing about cell phone cameras, and the videos the Islamists make to terrify the Dar-al-Harb, is that we now have actual photos and movies of crucifixions, hangings, shootings of bound and helpless prisoners, Christians being burned alive, pets being burned alive, and so on. There are photos of ISIS reenacting the Bataan Death March with its prisoners, who are forced to march barefoot in 120 degree (F, 49C) weather. Even the Nazis, despite their brutality, were careful to hide their concentration camps as much as possible; the enemy publishes his for the entire world to see.The enemy is, in short, giving us for free the shovels with which to bury him.
It is therefore necessary to bring these anti-Christian atrocities to the attention of Christian North Americans and Europeans at every opportunity, while adding the question, "What do you think they would do to Jesus?" Murder, rape, and enslavement of Christians by Boko Haram, ISIS, and so on should make this pretty obvious.
Here are some additional talking points:
- A behavioral choice is not a race. (Answers anybody who bleats "Racism!" when we tell the truth about the enemy.)
- An ideology is not a religion.
The bottom line is that this moral equivalence garbage, in which deluded or dishonest public figures including Ban Ki Moon and Navi Pillay equate the Middle East's only free nation to practitioners of human trafficking and genocide will soon come to a rapid stop. Anti-Islamist material is now circulating on the Internet that would have been unthinkable even ten years ago, and it is more vicious than the War Department's depiction of the enemy during the Second World War. The only aspect with which I disagree is that some of it refers to all Muslims, when the truth is that Muslims are the primary victims of Islamist violence (e.g. honor killings, people being killed for being the wrong "kinds" of Muslims.) Colonel Paul Linebarger's Psychological Warfare warned very sternly against defining the enemy too widely. Always refer to Islamists (or militant "Muslims"), and not to Islam or Muslims as a whole. Decent Muslims have no more use for the Islamists than anybody else.
We need to add to the Islamism-specific material, and make it even more inflammatory. If we fight this Crusade on the Internet and in the media, with the enemy supplying us with atrocity photographs like those from ISIS, we might not have to fight it on a real battlefield.