NEW LIVE SHOW HOURS!
(Eastern / New York time)
Tuesdays: 12 noon
Wednesdays: 12 noon
Tamar Yonah is one of Israel's most popular English-speaking radio show hosts. She made Aliyah from Southern California and after serving in the Israeli army began a prolific career in radio, including production, news and program development. She was the original creator and producer of 'The Aliyah Show' and still works whenever she can in that field. Tamar is a political activist, wife and mother residing in Judea and Samaria and currently hosts the top-rated shows of The Weekend Edition & The Tamar Yonah Show. Her award winning blog covers current events, religion, politics and anything else that's on her mind.
Join Tamar on TWITTER !
Tevet 11, 5769, 1/7/2009
I am posting a few different things pertaining to the war in Gaza. This blog post will be more of a mish-mash, but interesting things you should know none the less.
1) An email was caught by The Jewish Internet Defense Force (JIDF)
It seems that those nasty and angry anti-Jewish – oops, I mean, anti-Israel demonstrators are not content with stepping and burning the Israeli flag at their demonstrations and yelling to the Jews, "Go back to the ovens!". Now they are planning a new strategy:
Coming to a Synagogue Near You!
"No more demos. No more signs, chants, pithy t shirts. No more marches to nowhere.
(Thanks to Andrea for sending me this news piece from JIDF.)
My Jewish Brothers and sisters, did you think you could avoid getting the flak by hiding in your Monsey homes? Go now to: www.Nbn.org.il and fill out a form to come home. Get passports for everyone in your family NOW. Be ready to leave at a moment's notice. Things in America will not get better, they will get worse. It happened in Persia, it happened in Spain, it happened in Germany and it will happen in America. G-d has a plan, and the future of the Jewish people is NOT in Monsey, Boca Raton, London, Paris, or Melbourne. The future of the Jewish People is in Israel.
2) Attackers crashed a burning car into the gates of a French synagogue Monday night while a lecture was underway inside. A second vehicle, apparently used to push the flaming car into the synagogue, was found to hold several petrol bombs. This can happen at any synagogue around the world.
(Photo AP/ Manuel Blondeau)
3) Though we here in Israel may be in a war and facing challenging times ahead, it will be nothing compared to what Jews will face outside of Israel where they have very few Jewish doctors and lawyers who own or even know how to use a gun and protect their family. Remember the riots in Crown Heights several years ago? The police didn't want to go in and stop the rioters. And Yanky Rosenbaum got murdered. It took more than two days for the cops to finally deem it 'calm enough' (after the pillaging and plunder and murder) to go in and make a police presence. In Israel, most homes have guns, and we know how to use them.
4) I am concerned that the prophesy telling about a 9 month occupation of Israel by a foreign entity may be coming true soon. (Gemara Yuma says: The wicked kingdom of Romi (USA) will extend on Israel for 9 months) The Gaza war is a perfect 'opening' to have our leaders tell us that we must invite in foreign troops (UN, NATO, etc? ) into the Israel Gaza areas to 'keep the peace'. Yah, like that really worked in southern Lebanon. We have had UN Peace keeping forces there since the end of the 2nd Lebanon war to keep the peace and make sure no more weapons would reach the Hezbollah. However, what happened was that the Hezbollah was able to totally restock their missiles and weapons and build up even more than what they had before the 2nd Lebanon war. – All under the nose of the UN Peace Keeping troops there.
Hello? We have our own army, the IDF, or has our government and the world forgotten? But nevermind, Bush wants his Road Map implemented and a Palestinian State to be established in the belly of Israel ASAP. Bringing in foreign troops will speed up the process. But will there be payback to the United States and the International Community for trying to wrest G-d's Land from the Jewish people? Read Ezekila Chapter 38 and decide for yourself.
5) Enjoy this brilliantly funny video that was on a blog called Elders of Zion. Thanks to whoever sent me this by email.