Mark LangfanThe writer, who specializes in security issues, has created an original educational 3d Topographic Map System of Israel to facilitate clear understanding of the dangers facing Israel and its water supply. It has been studied by US lawmakers and can be seen at www.marklangfan.com.
On 25 June 2006, Hamas exploded its tunnel from Gaza, and abducted one Gilad Shalit. In June 2006, Mahmoud Abbas was still "President" of the Gaza Strip and the "West Bank". It wasn't until 2007 when Hamas fully exercised its domain and threw any Fatah cadres it saw off 6-story buildings, or shot them point blank in the back of the head. Shalit was not released by Hamas until 2011.
On January 25, 2014, Prime Minister Netanyahu's own office "leaked" a plan to offer the Palestinians a "West Bank" State and leave 600,000 Jewish "settlers" under Palestinian Authority sovereignty and control (I'll call it the "Bibi Settler/Hostage Plan"). Unlike the Gaza withdrawal, Netanyahu would not have the IDF remove the Jewish "settlers". Instead, he would apparently have the Palestinian Authority policeman deal with the remaining Jews after an Israeli withdrawal. The Prime Minister's office later claimed certain right-wing MKs and a minister "ruined Netanyahu's gambit" to expose Abbas as an anti-Semite.
But if true, the Prime Minister's plan is one even Hamas will agree to. That's because instead of having to attack the IDF and capture an Israeli soldier, Israel will knowingly hand Hamas 600,000 Israeli civilian hostages.
But let's dissect some of the ideas surrounding the "Bibi settler/Hostage Plan":
1. If the Plan is such a powerful gambit, why did the PM's own office prematurely leak it to Reuters? Netanyahu would have surely staged a much more propitious "sneak-attack" for such a glorious idea. This fact alone conclusively proves the Bibi Settler/Hostage Plan was actually Netanyahu's real plan, and not a gambit.
2. Does Netanyahu really need more proof that Abbas is a virulent anti-Semite, Nazi-sympathizer, who would murder 6,000,000 Jews in a heartbeat if he could? Abbas has already clearly stated his demand for a future "Palestinian state" to be Judenrein - on more than one occasion.
And how does Abbas not wanting to have to fight with 600,000 Jewish "settlers" who don't exactly agree that Abbas and the PA are now sovereign make him anti-Semitic in the first place? Abbas rightly doesn't want to do Netanyahu's dirty work in removing them from their houses and replacing them with Palestinian Arabs. That doesn't make him anti-Semitic, it makes him rational.
3. By Netanyahu offering Abbas sovereignty over Judea and Samaria, the entire game is already over. The only question remaining in the negotiating is how to remove the "settlers" (read: Jews), and how to keep their houses intact so Palestinian Arabs can move in.
4. By offering Abbas sovereignty in Judea and Samaria, all the way to the "Green Line" or close to it, Netanyahu has created a new line from which all future negotiations will start. And since they start at the "finish line," the Green Line will be Abbas' new starting point. Everybody should Google "Partition plan" because Israel's Prime Minister has just made the 1947 Partition Plan the Palestinian Arabs' new red line.
5. With the clear total collapse of Israel's redlines, Jerusalem is now to be considered divided and Jews living there (in all parts of Jerusalem) should realize their time is short.
6. If the Prime Minister has to rely on proving Abbas an anti-Semite instead of positively and clearly explaining Israel's religious and security interests in keeping Judea and Samaria, then he has already catastrophically failed as Israel's Prime Minister. Netanyahu has allowed himself to be cornered and roped in.
Everybody should remember, the Emperor with no clothes got very very angry at the little boy who told the truth and exposed the Emperor for the fraud that he truly was.